Eight Grade Graduation Updates and Instructions
Dear 8th Grade Parents,
As the time draws nearer, we are ecstatic about Cass Junior High School’s 8th grade graduation plans. Graduations everywhere this spring will be unique and with very limited numbers of guests, but we wanted to make ours as personal and inclusive as possible not only for each of our graduates, but also for their families.
Our committee has worked hard to create a special graduation experience for the Class of 2021, and we are confident that it will be very memorable. Each family will participate in several components of the graduation ceremony, which will include professional photos, a walk across the stage, celebration of time spent in Cass School District 63 and other wonderful activities.
For your planning, here are the key things you need to know:
- Each family has chosen a time. Please arrive a few minutes before your assigned time, as it will cause an issue if we take students out of order.
- You will begin your graduation journey at the “Base Door.” There will be staff available to guide you.
- Up to 12 family members and guests are able to participate with your graduate. Your family bubble of 12 people will remain together and move through a number of graduation stations. At the end, students will have their own individualized ceremony in the Cass Junior High School gymnasium on Thursday, June 3, 2021.
- All participants and guests are required to wear masks while in the building and maintain 6 feet of distance from people not in your household.
- Graduates will be able to remove their masks for the ceremony and all pictures, if they are comfortable doing so.
- This process will be videotaped to create a digital experience so all students can view their friends receiving diplomas and performing traditional speeches at a later date.
We are excited that our graduation ceremony will allow students to take part in both a traditional and yet personalized experience. Thank you for your flexibility and patience as we navigate these important events in a global pandemic. And most importantly, congratulations to the Cass Junior High School Class of 2021!
Christine Marcinkewicz, Principal
Cass Junior High School